August 1, 2011

Vintage Book Plate

I love to read and I love books! I love to visit the library and even have library cards for every city library around. (However, I haven't visited a couple in a while because a have a few fines and therefore have been banned from checkout until those are repaid. Don't share that with anyone.)

I always have a couple of books around that I'm reading at one time. One that I'm reading now is. "The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory, and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School" by Alexandra Robbins. It's about how the kids in high school that weren't popular and therefore labeled "geeks" (e.g. myself), come out on top in the end because of the different way they are wired. It's very good!

Anyway, here is today's image, a vintage bookplate with room to fill in your name.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great image and the geek books sounds good, thanks for the heads up!

Kathy said...

I am feeling your pain, I have four overdue now. Libraries are so wonderful I love everything about them. I will check out the book you mentioned.

Bookplates I just love old bookplates, I want to check into how to make your own, haven't had any luck adding text to your images yet but I have enjoyed playing. Thanks Kathy

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Too cute. Thanks!