August 15, 2011

Vintage Graduation Program

Too early to be wishing for graduation day already?

My bf and I live directly across from an elementary school and school started last week. While we enjoy 2 1/2 months of complete quiet bliss during the summer, it is hell twice a day to live here during the rest of the year. Cars block the street with parents picking up their kids in the morning and afternoon and I'm always worried that someone will hit my car while rudely turning around in our driveway. In fact I think someone already has scratched my car but I can't prove it because I wasn't watching at the time. We put the trash cans up to block the entrance to our driveway but people hit them anyway. Sigh.

Anyway, here is a really pretty Victorian graduation program I've been holding on to for quite some time. Enjoy! -Sarah

6 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

Have you tried contacting the school about the problem of cars turning in your driveway? They shouldn't do that. I learned when I was one of those drop-off Moms myself that all too many of them are completely selfish -- they just want to get their kid, get their car going, and they don't want to follow any rules. Used to drive me NUTS.

These parents should be told not to do these turns, and drive around the block if they have to -- the world doesn't revolve around them and their little darlings!

It's not the kids' fault -- it's their thoughtless at best, obnoxious at worst, parents.

There, I've had my say. Time for a cup of tea!
Cass

Paper Squirrel said...

Thank you for the beautiful program! And I agree with Cass...every word!! :-)

Sandra Foster said...

Thanks for this lovely bird image. Sandra

liszha said...

Gorgeous image! thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

What a treasure you have been hiding. I love it...birds and a boat! I also love my French domino collage purchase from yesterday and I will be creating some dominos with them soon. I would love to see more French images and beach images. Please, let us know when you get new items in the shop as well. Thank you.

tgsmith489 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.